It’s just few days to Christmas and instead of ordering for cake in an eatery or from a caterer, you can try out these very simple techniques of baking your plane cake at home.
You really don’t need to ice or decorate it because plain is the watchword here remember its just a plain cake for family, friends and neighbours.
The cake will definitely come out good even if you are a novice, just follow the guidelines and you will have a deliciously prepared cake.
So let’s go
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sieved)
1 cup liquid milk (whole, skim or evaporated)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
10 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preparing the cake mixture
- Put you margarine in a bowl, add your sugar and mix to the extent that there won’t be traces of sugar left. Then set aside
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk until it becomes foamy, then pour into the margarine and sugar mixture, put your vanilla flavour or any other preferred flavour
- Mix the whole mixture very well
- Then pour, half of your already sieved flour, baking powder, ground nutmeg and a pinch of salt, continue mixing.
- Add the remaining flour, mix until everything becomes incorporated, then pour your cup of milk and stir
- Pour the mixture into an already prepared baking pan and put in an oven
- It will take about 45-50 minutes to get done and then bring out your cake from the oven
- Your cake is well done when you put a toothpick in it and it comes out clean
NB: to prepare your baking pan, grease your pan with margarine.
Watch the Video below: