It’s Christmas and there is bound to be a lot of cooking and merriment.
We are used to eating jollof rice and white rice most Christmas, so we decided to do something different.
So for this Christmas we are making white rice and Chicken gravy. It’s called gravy because it does not take too long to cook, quickie food, it tastes absolutely delicious
Chicken gravy is perfect for days when you don't feel like making stew.
Curry, Salt, Bouillon Cubes, Thyme
You need to prepare your chicken the way you want it. You can decide to debone the chicken. To de-bone your chicken:
- Turn the chicken with the thighs pointing up and cut the wings at the level of the joint.
- Cut along the back of the chicken.
- Avoid cutting the skin.
- Detach the chicken carcass by cutting around the bone.
- Cut into the base of the wings using a knife and detach the bone.
- Remove the thigh bone by scraping it free from the meat.
- Once this operation is complete, the chicken will appear free of bones
- Wash the de-bone chicken , add thyme, curry, salt, onion, Maggi , pepper etc
- Cut vegetables into medium size
- Place a little amount of vegetable oil and stir fry the vegetables starting from the hard ones i.e. Carrot-Green pepper, green beans. Do not deep fry
- When the chicken is cooked, set aside and pour into the stir fried vegetables, then turn and taste for pepper and salt and add if need be.
- Stir and add the cabbage. You will notice that the gravy is watery, so what you need to do is add a thickener.
- Mix corn flour and water to make a paste and pour the paste into the chicken and veggie mixture, use enough till you achieve your desired thickness and then leave it for about 2-5 minutes to thicken.
And your Chicken Veggie Gravy is ready.
Serve with Rice or Spagetti .
N:B: the cornflour thickens more once you bring it down from fire, so watch the quantity you use.