Rabbits were consumed in the 1940s and 50s in the United States of America for dinner just like the chicken.
A lot of people have never eaten rabbit because it is not considered a conventional source of meat, but due to the health benefits found in the animal, it’s advisable to indulge from time to time.
Below are some of the amazing health benefits of eating rabbit meat.
- Rabbit has a high percentage of easily digestible protein.
- Among all the other available sources of meat, the meat from rabbits has the lowest amount of fat.
- Rabbit meat contains less calorie value than other meats so it’s a great substitute when on a diet.
- Rabbit meat is almost cholesterol free; hence it is heart friendly especially for people with heart conditions.
- The sodium content of rabbit meat is comparatively less than other meats.
- It contains high phosphorus and calcium, higher than what you can get from other available meat sources.