Atletico Madrid have reported FC Barcelona to FIFA over the club’s alleged illegal approach for French attacker, Antoine Griezmann.
A spokesperson for the club confirmed that Atletico reported the Spanish La Liga leaders for repeatedly contacting Griezmann and his representatives without formally informing the club.
According to the spokesperson, Griezmann has a contract with Atletico Madrid and a "long" one at that.
The spokesperson said;
"Atlético Madrid have reported Barcelona for repeated contact with Griezmann and his people, contact which we are aware of. He is a player with a contract with Atlético Madrid and a long contract at that".
FIFA on Wednesday confirmed it has received a complaint from Atletico Madrid.
A spokesperson for the world football governing body said;
"We can confirm that we have received a complaint from Atletico Madrid".
The 26-year old who signed a new contract with the Atletico Madrid earlier this year which will keep him at the club until 2021 has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona recently after Barca's Director of Institutional Relations hinted that it was possible the club's president, Josep Maria Bartomeu has met with Griezmann's family.
According to FIFA regulations, any club interested in signing a player must first make contact with the player's current club before being allowed to negotiate with the player directly, however, failure to do so will attract a sanction
Barcelona are yet to respond to the allegations levelled against them by their Spanish counterparts.